Registration for Thẳng Tiến XI starts on December 2!
Last day to register for Full-time Campers is May 15, 2018.
Please review the Thẳng Tiến XI Registration Package carefully before you start your registration. It contains essential information for your consideration before you register to attend the jamboree.
In addition to the Registration Package, you should review the FAQs section for additional answers to frequently asked questions.
JAMBOREE DATES: Thursday, June 28 to Wednesday, July 4, 2018
CHECK-IN: Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CHECK-OUT: Wednesday July 4, 2018 - 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Early check-in and late check-out are not permitted.
- Every camper must register through a member unit (Liên Đoàn / Làng) registered with the International Central Committee of Vietnamese Scouting (Hội Đồng Trung Ương HĐVN) or an associated member unit. No individual registrations outside of these approved units will be accepted.
- Liên Đoàn (LD) is the responsible entity for all campers registered under its units. Each Liên Đoàn must designate 2 adults as its Liên Đoàn’s Representatives (LD Reps) to work with TT11 Organizing Committee. All communication to units will be through these representatives pre-camp, at camp, and post-camp.
- Each individual registrant must be validated by his/her Liên Đoàn’s Representatives.
- If you are not currently registered with a member Liên Đoàn of Hội Đồng Trung Ương HĐVN, you must seek approval from a member Liên Đoàn to be your sponsor and be registered for TT11 with that Liên Đoàn.
- Each approved Liên Đoàn or Làng’s name will be pre-populated in the TT11 Registration system. If your Liên Đoàn’s name is not in the system, please have your Liên Đoàn Trưởng contact [email protected].
REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS (for each participant)
- Online registration data - to be populated on TT11 registration site https://tt11registration.org
- Picture - less than 5 MB in size and in one of the allowable file formats: gif, jpg, jpeg or png
- BSA Health/Medical Form - Part A, B, and C
- EVERYONE must fill out all 3 Parts of BSA Health/Medical Form, including members of the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Family Members, Volunteers, and Staff.
- Part A needs a parent’s signature if camper is under 18 years of age.
- Health Insurance Company’s name and Policy Number at the top of Part B need to be accurate for use in case of an emergency.
- Examiner’s Certification in Part C must be completed by certified and licensed physicians (MD, DO), nurse practitioners, or physician assistants.
- Liability Waiver, Photo Consent, and Code of Conduct Forms
- Need parent’s signature if participant is under 18 year old
All forms must be fully and correctly filled out and payment submitted by registration deadline to qualify for that registration deadline's set fees.
An exception is made for the submission of BSA Health/Medical Form for participants registering under the Early and Regular registration deadlines. You may submit the Health Form after you have submitted your registration, but no later than May 15, 2018. After May 15, 2018, if you have not submitted all parts of your health form, your registration will be considered incomplete and subject to rejection. There will be no refund after May 15, 2018 for incomplete registration.
- TT11 Organizing Committee will share information with Liên Đoàn Reps via emails and/or mobile texts (if selected). It is expected that Liên Đoàn Reps will disseminate all essential information to all members registered under your Liên Đoàn.
- TT11 Website: Information is posted under the Registration tab, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Contact Registration Subcommittee at [email protected]
- The Camper’s Package includes the following items and may include additional items:
- ID Badge
- TT11 T-shirt
- TT11 Neckerchief
- TT11 Patch
- Thursday, June 28: Lunch, Dinner
- Friday, June 29: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Saturday, June 30: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Sunday, July 1: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Monday, July 2: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Tuesday, July 3: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Wednesday, July 4: Breakfast
- Food will be served by camp staff and/or by authorized food vendors in or near the main dining hall. The dining hall has air-conditioning and enough tables and chairs to serve approximately 500 campers at a time. Cooking gear is not required.
- Campers may bring along cooking gear if you want to provide your own supplemental food at camp. Note that camp sites will be tight, and your group will need to share campground with others. Groups may not have access to fire ring.
- A limited number of single day passes will be available each day for guests and family members to visit camp. This pass is not available to Scouts.
- Day Pass fee is $100 per person per day, includes 3 meals for the registered day, and is non-transferable.
- Participant must pre-register and complete the Waiver & Photo Consent and Code of Conduct forms.
- Registration for Day Pass will be available after registration for Full-time Campers has completed.
- Day Pass holders may participate in camp activities open to visitors on the day the pass is valid. For example, pass holders for the Opening Day may participate in the Opening Ceremony, Cultural workshops, Opening Campfire, and other activities open to visitors on that day.
- Day Pass visitors may not participate in Subcamp programs (activities for Scouts and Scouters of the different age groups) which are only available to full-time campers.
- Closest Airport: Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), 25 miles from camp, 30 min to 1 hour and 10 min drive depending on traffic.
- Second Closest Airport: Reagan National Airport (DCA), 46 miles from camp, 45 min to 2 hour drive depending on traffic.
- Only offered for Dulles International (IAD) and Reagan National (DCA)
- No other drop-off and pick-up locations
- Only available between airport and camp
- Best to select Dulles International Airport
- One-way Fare
- Dulles (IAD) $35
- Reagan (DCA) $50
- Submit Airport Shuttle request as soon as possible and no later than May 15, 2108.
- LD Reps to submit one Airport Shuttle Request Form for all members of your Liên Đoàn.
- Submit form along with a single payment for all your members.
CAMP GEAR RENTAL
- The following items are available for rent:
- Tent $40 for any duration at camp
- Sleeping Bag $25 for any duration at camp
- Sleeping Pad $25 for any duration at camp
- Camp Chair $15 for any duration at camp
- Submit Camp Gear Rental request as soon as possible and no later than May 15, 2018.
- LD Reps to submit one Camp Gear Rental Form for all members of your Liên Đoàn.
- Submit form along with a single payment for all your members.
- A very limited number of beds inside a cabin are available for rent to campers with special needs
- Priorities will be reserved for senior campers who have special needs
- Cabin has air-conditioning, bunk beds, 1 shared bathroom, and a kitchen
- $100 per person for any duration
- $25 per person for a single night
- LD Reps to submit one Cabin Rental Form for all members to [email protected] for approval.
- Submit Cabin Rental request as soon as possible and no later than May 15, 2018.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Make check or money order (required for non-US participants) payable to APACAF and send to address below. A $25 processing fee will be applied to any returned check.
TT11 Registration PO Box 2782 Fairfax, VA 22031
- Visit www.thangtien11.org for all other information:
- Registration Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Directions to Camp
- Hotels Near Camp
- Car Rental
- Laundromat Near Camp
- Tours & Local Attractions